Angers, a picturesque city nestled in the heart of the Loire Valley, is gaining recognition as an ideal destination for those seeking a charming and culturally rich place to call home. With its historic architecture, vibrant cultural scene, and proximity to vineyards and the Loire River, Angers offers a unique blend of modern living and old-world charm. In this article, we will explore the compelling reasons why investing in a house in Angers, France, could be a wise and rewarding decision.
- Historic Charm: Angers is renowned for its stunning medieval architecture, most notably the impressive Château d’Angers. Owning a house in Angers means immersing yourself in a city with a rich history, where cobblestone streets, half-timbered houses, and ancient monuments tell stories of a bygone era. The historic ambiance creates a unique and enchanting living experience.
- Cultural Hub: As the capital of the Maine-et-Loire department, Angers boasts a vibrant cultural scene. The city hosts numerous events, festivals, and exhibitions throughout the year. The Tapestry of the Apocalypse, housed in the Château d’Angers, is a UNESCO-listed treasure, while the Jean-Lurçat Museum showcases contemporary art. Living in Angers provides access to a wealth of cultural experiences right on your doorstep.
- Educational Excellence: Home to the University of Angers, the city attracts students from around the world, fostering a dynamic and intellectually stimulating environment. If you have a family, the city’s reputable schools and educational institutions provide excellent options for students of all ages. Investing in a house in Angers ensures access to quality education for your loved ones.
- Idyllic Surroundings: Situated in the Loire Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site, Angers is surrounded by lush vineyards, charming villages, and the scenic Loire River. The region is famous for its wine production, and living in Angers allows you to explore the renowned vineyards of Anjou and Saumur. The natural beauty and outdoor activities available make Angers an appealing destination for nature lovers.
- Quality of Life: Angers consistently ranks high in various quality of life indices, attributing its appeal to a mix of factors such as low crime rates, excellent healthcare facilities, and well-maintained public spaces. The city’s commitment to sustainable development and green initiatives adds to the overall appeal, creating a pleasant and livable environment for residents.
- Transportation Connectivity: Angers is strategically located with good transportation links, including a high-speed TGV train station that connects the city to Paris in just over 90 minutes. The city is also well-connected by road, making it easy to explore other parts of France and Europe. This accessibility enhances Angers’ appeal for both residents and visitors.
Here’s a list of houses for sale at the moment in the area of Angers:
1. Spacious Property in ANGERS with Multiple Dwellings
This property, situated in ANGERS near the Anjou clinic, boasts significant potential. Comprising a 300 m2 main house with 11 rooms, a renovated 95 m2 rental house spanning two levels, and a 220 m2 outbuilding with a cellar, the estate offers diverse living arrangements. The property is set on 4500 m2 of enclosed land, featuring 12 rooms, 9 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and various living spaces across three floors
2. Charming Blend of Old and Modern: 5-Bedroom Stone House Near Angers City Center
This exquisite stone house, located just 5 minutes from Angers’ city center, seamlessly marries the allure of historical architecture with modern conveniences. The property features a spacious living room of over 65m², connected to a well-equipped kitchen, creating an open and inviting atmosphere. A cozy living room with a fireplace and solid parquet flooring adds to the charm, with a terrace adorned by a beautiful wisteria seamlessly connecting indoor and outdoor spaces. Renovated by an architect in 2014, the house boasts three large bedrooms on the first floor, one with its own terrace, along with a bathroom. The top floor offers three additional bedrooms, ideal for children, and another stylish bathroom with WC. The property is complemented by a walled garden hosting two private terraces, creating a tranquil retreat in the city center. Additionally, a nearby closed garage is available for rent.
Price: €619 500
3. Timeless Elegance: 6-Bedroom Historic Gem with Modern Comforts in a Central Location
This captivating property, dating back to 1900, offers a perfect blend of historic charm and modern amenities. With a generous surface area of 260 m2 spread across two floors, the house comprises nine rooms, including six bedrooms. The timeless appeal of the property is complemented by five shower rooms, an equipped kitchen, and a cozy terrace. Nestled on a 303 m2 plot of land, the house stands as a testament to enduring elegance. Featuring gas heating and maintained in an old-world condition, this residence provides a unique and comfortable living experience. With a convenient central location, a private parking space, and a rich history, this property is a true gem for those seeking a harmonious balance of past and present.
Price: € 1 410 000
4. Historic Charm in the Heart of Maine-et-Loire: Former Presbytery with Garden and Outbuildings
Nestled in a village in the north of Maine-et-Loire, this former presbytery exudes timeless charm, featuring outbuildings and a delightful garden. Accessible through a gate and two pedestrian doors from the church square, the property unfolds with a courtyard in front of the outbuilding. The 17th-century presbytery, raised by three levels, showcases a main facade with three bays, constructed with shale rubble coated in lime and adorned with tuffeau-framed windows. The garden, surrounded by walls, leads to the entrance of the presbytery, while a separate pedestrian door serves the gîte. A street along the rear facade adds to the allure of this historic gem. The L-shaped outbuilding, capped with a two-sided slate roof, completes this picturesque setting, offering a unique glimpse into the region’s architectural heritage.
Price: €698 000
5. Timeless Elegance: 16th-Century Manor on Riverside Oasis Near Angers
Nantes Sotheby’s Realty presents an exquisite 16th-century manor nestled in a picturesque riverside commune, just 20 minutes from Angers and in proximity to a charming village with shops. The 172-square-meter living space exudes charm with an imposing tuffeau stone fireplace, antique terracotta tiles, exposed beams, and period cupboard doors. The main level features an independent kitchen, a study, and restroom facilities. The stone staircase in the tower leads to a grand bedroom, two additional bedrooms, a bathroom with a shower, and restroom facilities. The second floor offers a versatile space with exposed beams and a tranquil large bedroom. Outbuildings include a spacious garage, a barn, two charming cottages, and a fireplace-adorned building awaiting restoration. Renovated in the 1990s, the manor sits on over 4 hectares of land, offering a rare opportunity for peaceful living in close proximity to Angers.
Price: € 630 000
In conclusion, Angers emerges as an enchanting city with a rich tapestry of historical charm, cultural vibrancy, and natural beauty, making it an appealing destination for those seeking a unique and fulfilling living experience. The houses presented here, each with its distinctive character, further underscore the city’s diverse offerings.
As showcased by the diverse properties available, from spacious estates to charming stone houses and historic gems, investing in a house in Angers offers a unique opportunity to become part of a city that seamlessly blends past and present, tradition and modernity. Whether one seeks timeless elegance, riverside tranquility, or a blend of old and modern, Angers provides a range of housing options that align with its multifaceted appeal. In choosing Angers, individuals not only acquire a house but also embrace a lifestyle immersed in history, culture, and the picturesque landscapes of the Loire Valley.