Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Alsace region, Mulhouse, France, stands as a city rich in history, culture, and charm. For those considering making a move to this beautiful corner of the world, purchasing a house in Mulhouse can be a wise and rewarding decision. In this article, we will explore some compelling reasons why Mulhouse is an excellent place to call home, and to make your journey even more enticing, we’ve prepared a short list of houses currently on the market.
- Rich Cultural Heritage: Mulhouse boasts a rich cultural tapestry, evident in its well-preserved architecture, museums, and vibrant arts scene. The city is home to the renowned Cité de l’Automobile, the largest car museum in the world, and the Cité du Train, a museum dedicated to the history of trains. Living in Mulhouse provides residents with a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the city’s fascinating past while enjoying the modern amenities of today.
- Strategic Location: Situated near the borders of Germany and Switzerland, Mulhouse serves as a gateway to Europe. Its strategic location makes it an ideal base for exploring the surrounding regions and experiencing the best of European culture. The city’s well-connected transportation network ensures easy access to major cities like Basel, Strasbourg, and Zurich.
- Quality of Life: Mulhouse offers a high quality of life, with its well-maintained parks, recreational facilities, and a strong sense of community. The city’s commitment to sustainability is evident in its green spaces, bike-friendly infrastructure, and efforts to promote eco-friendly living. The laid-back atmosphere makes Mulhouse an appealing choice for those seeking a tranquil and welcoming environment.
- Affordable Real Estate Market: One of the standout reasons to invest in Mulhouse real estate is the affordability factor. Compared to many other European cities, Mulhouse offers competitive housing prices without compromising on quality. Whether you’re looking for a charming historical home, a modern apartment, or a spacious family residence, Mulhouse has a diverse range of properties to suit every taste and budget.
Now, let’s take a peek at some of the houses currently on the market:
1. Elegant Town House in Mulhouse with 2 Acres of Tranquil Living
Nestled in the charming town of Mulhouse, this elegant town house presents an ideal living space, encompassing 2 acres of land. Boasting 4 spacious bedrooms, a luminous living room, and practical amenities such as 2 WC and a basement for versatile use, this residence caters to both family comfort and individual needs. Individual gas heating ensures year-round coziness, while the courtyard and garage provide private outdoor spaces and secure parking. Its advantageous location near amenities, schools, and public transport, as well as easy access to main roads, further enhances the convenience and appeal of this exquisite property.
2. Spacious Adjoining Town House with Refreshing Potential in Central Location
This 150m2 adjoining town house, situated in a central location, offers a versatile living space with room for improvement. The ground floor features an entrance, a well-equipped air-conditioned kitchen, a 18.80m2 living room, garden access, and a toilet. The first floor includes 3 adjoining bedrooms, an office with a shower, and a bathroom with WC. The second floor comprises 3 additional adjoining bedrooms and an office room. The basement provides three cellar spaces. The property comes with a North-East facing plot of land measuring 1.02 ares. While the house requires refreshing, it boasts advantages such as air conditioning in the kitchen, a renovated electrical panel, a recent gas boiler, and PVC double glazing. The quiet garden with trees and its proximity to the city center, amenities, and public transport further enhance the appeal of this spacious town house.
3. Historic Charm Meets Modern Comfort: 8-Bedroom Town House with Spacious Living Areas
Boasting a generous 300m2 of living space, this remarkable town house, constructed in 1905, presents a harmonious blend of historic charm and modern comfort. With 13 rooms, including 8 bedrooms, and situated on a substantial 543m2 plot of land, the property offers ample room for a large family or diverse living spaces. Featuring 2 bathrooms, 1 shower room, and 3 toilets, the house accommodates the needs of a dynamic household. The independent kitchen, heated by an oil-fired system, adds a touch of practicality. While parking details are not specified, the allure of this residence lies in its expansive surface, historic construction, and the potential for a unique blend of classic and contemporary living.
Price: €703 500
4. Elegance and Tranquility: Historic Mansion with 1,200 m² Garden in Mulhouse’s Rebberg District
Nestled in the prestigious Rebberg district of Mulhouse, this meticulously maintained mansion exudes timeless charm with its L-shaped layout, staggered walls, and a 1,200 m² garden accessible through a wrought iron gate or a wicket entrance. The house, characterized by its sober architectural style adorned with refined decorative touches, offers eleven main rooms, including a fireplace-adorned sitting room and a spacious kitchen. Recent renovations include a tastefully rendered facade, interlocking tile roofing, and updated wiring and plumbing. The large-paned windows, embellished with wooden shutters, provide picturesque views of the extensive garden, featuring a swimming pool on one side and lush greenery on the other. Cherry trees, magnolias, ginkgo bilobas, and wisteria create a serene atmosphere, shielding the property from the street and neighboring gardens. This residence seamlessly combines historic allure with modern comfort, making it a truly exceptional home in Mulhouse.
Price: €1 575 000
5. Contemporary Elegance and Unrivaled Amenities: Architect-Designed Oasis in Mulhouse’s Rebberg Riesthal
Situated near Moenschberg Hospital in Mulhouse’s coveted Rebberg Riesthal, this extraordinary contemporary-style house, crafted by an architect in 2013, stands as a masterpiece of design and location. Set on enclosed, wooded land with a heated swimming pool and panoramic views, the residence boasts exceptional construction. The ground floor features a spacious living room with a Zechinon-equipped kitchen, three bedrooms, a double garage, and a luxurious bathroom—all seamlessly connected to a terrace. The first floor offers flexibility, with a living area that can be transformed into an additional bedroom, two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a terrace. The basement reveals a wine cellar, a gym and video room, a laundry area, and more. Landscaped outdoor spaces include a courtyard, a terrace with a heated pool, a fish pond, and lush greenery. Noteworthy features include double-glazed aluminum windows, motorized shutters, heated floors, double flow Vmc, alarm system, gas condensing boiler, and other surprises waiting to be discovered during a visit to this remarkable property.
In conclusion, Mulhouse stands as a captivating city with a rich cultural heritage, strategic location, high quality of life, and an affordable real estate market. Whether you are drawn to the historic charm, the blend of classic and contemporary living, or the modern elegance showcased in the properties we’ve highlighted, Mulhouse offers a diverse range of options to suit various tastes and budgets.
As you consider making Mulhouse your home, the listed properties provide a glimpse into the unique offerings of this charming city. From spacious adjoining townhouses with refreshing potential to architect-designed oases with unrivaled amenities, Mulhouse invites you to explore a lifestyle that seamlessly blends history, culture, and modern comfort.
Whether you are captivated by the historic allure of a 1905 townhouse or the contemporary elegance of an architect-designed oasis, Mulhouse beckons with a promise of a fulfilling and enriching living experience. As you embark on this journey, the houses currently on the market serve as gateways to the unique and vibrant lifestyle that Mulhouse, France, has to offer.